Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clipboard Buffer gets full

As the day progresses, when I copy and paste, the copy does not replace the previous item in the clipboard, and I can only past the old item.

I have to open Activity Manager, find pboard and stop it.

This can happen several times a day. It's gone on for years. About once a year, I ask again and no one has an answer.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 3:37 PM

Jarmaracark wrote:

As the day progresses, when I copy and paste, the copy does not replace the previous item in the clipboard, and I can only past the old item.

This can happen several times a day. It's gone on for years. About once a year, I ask again and no one has an answer.

This sounds like third party interference...

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test. Reboot  as normal and test.  Caches get rebuilt automatically.

This test will tell you if third party interference; most* extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode. 

*Ventura —System Settings>Privacy&Security>Extension look for interference w/ Finder Extensions. Safeboot no longer disabling some of these…ref: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254632522

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 3:37 PM in response to Jarmaracark

Jarmaracark wrote:

This sounds like third party interference...

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test. Reboot  as normal and test.  Caches get rebuilt automatically.

This test will tell you if third party interference; most* extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode. 

*Ventura —System Settings>Privacy&Security>Extension look for interference w/ Finder Extensions. Safeboot no longer disabling some of these…ref: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254632522

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

Clipboard Buffer gets full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.