Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Toolbar

Since the Ventura update a few days ago, I am having these problems with my desktop:

1-The Menu at the very top does not show unless I point to it and pull it down. In Safari, if I have used it more than 2 or 3 times in a row, it won't appear again until I have opened a different window on the desktop and then go back to Safari to pull it down again. I have tried all the suggestions in the User Guide but none worked. If they do give instructions, I rarely have the buttons or menus they tell me to use. When I follow the instructions of checking the "always on" button for the menu, it does not work. I still have to pull it down.

2-The toolbar has a few tools missing and when I try to customize it, the icons that you are supposed to drag up won't stay there. The "Customize toolbar" section of the Safari User Guide says you can Change the items in the toolbar: Add, remove, and rearrange toolbar items by dragging them. Where do I drag them from? I need to add the Back/forward arrows, Home button, Search button, double arrow and the window where you type your search topic. They were all on my toolbar before the update. Am I the only one having problems with the latest Ventura?

Thanks for any suggestions you have.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 4:56 PM

beelloyd wrote:

Thanks, but I do get software updates and last week they installed Ventura 13.2.1. That's what's causing the problems.

A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

if no resolve— reinstall the maOS on top of your existing macOS

How to reinstall macOS: How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 4:56 PM in response to beelloyd

beelloyd wrote:

Thanks, but I do get software updates and last week they installed Ventura 13.2.1. That's what's causing the problems.

A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

if no resolve— reinstall the maOS on top of your existing macOS

How to reinstall macOS: How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Feb 20, 2023 3:39 PM in response to beelloyd

beelloyd wrote:

Since the Ventura update a few days ago, I am having these problems with my desktop:

1-The Menu at the very top does not show unless I point to it and pull it down. In Safari, if I have used it more than 2 or 3 times in a row, it won't appear again until I have opened a different window on the desktop and then go back to Safari to pull it down again. I have tried all the suggestions in the User Guide but none worked. If they do give instructions, I rarely have the buttons or menus they tell me to use. When I follow the instructions of checking the "always on" button for the menu, it does not work. I still have to pull it down.

2-The toolbar has a few tools missing and when I try to customize it, the icons that you are supposed to drag up won't stay there. The "Customize toolbar" section of the Safari User Guide says you can Change the items in the toolbar: Add, remove, and rearrange toolbar items by dragging them. Where do I drag them from? I need to add the Back/forward arrows, Home button, Search button, double arrow and the window where you type your search topic. They were all on my toolbar before the update. Am I the only one having problems with the latest Ventura?

Thanks for any suggestions you have.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.2.1 I would start there

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Toolbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.