Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messenger unexpected error

When I try to login to Messenger on my Macbook Air, I get an Unexpected Error message. I can login on my iPad. Any ideas?

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 3:07 AM

User wrote " Yes. Is there a way to delete this post, as I cannot find one? Thanks. "

Deleting a Posting can only be done by the Moderators of these Forums

But not sure is meant by " as I cannot find one " ?

If you are referring to your other posting

A link above will take you to your other posting

Below copy and paste

fitzjohn888

Author

User level:

Level 1

21 points

Messages `unexpected error'

When I login to Messages, I get an error, `an unexpected error has occurred' and it never logs me in. I can use Messages on my iPad with no problem so the account itself seems to be found. Any ideas?

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 5:16 AM

Me too

All replies

1 reply

Page content loaded

User profile for user: P. Phillips

P. Phillips

User level:

Level 9

74,841 points

Feb 21, 2023 5:36 AM in response to fitzjohn888

Perhaps elements in the Support Document from Apple may provide some insights on this issue

link below

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support (CA)

Also >>

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

Reply Helpful

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 3:07 AM in response to fitzjohn888

User wrote " Yes. Is there a way to delete this post, as I cannot find one? Thanks. "

Deleting a Posting can only be done by the Moderators of these Forums

But not sure is meant by " as I cannot find one " ?

If you are referring to your other posting

A link above will take you to your other posting

Below copy and paste

fitzjohn888

Author

User level:

Level 1

21 points

Messages `unexpected error'

When I login to Messages, I get an error, `an unexpected error has occurred' and it never logs me in. I can use Messages on my iPad with no problem so the account itself seems to be found. Any ideas?

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 5:16 AM

Me too

All replies

1 reply

Page content loaded

User profile for user: P. Phillips

P. Phillips

User level:

Level 9

74,841 points

Feb 21, 2023 5:36 AM in response to fitzjohn888

Perhaps elements in the Support Document from Apple may provide some insights on this issue

link below

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support (CA)

Also >>

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

Reply Helpful

Messenger unexpected error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.