Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover emails deleted from my IPhone SE early this AM while was cleaning up my email account (lost more than 7000 emails)?

How to recover emails deleted from my IPhone SE early this AM while was cleaning up my email account (lost more than 7000 emails)?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 9:05 PM

If have deleted the emails and cleared the Deleted / Trash folder then you may have likely deleted the emails permanently.

You can try visiting the email provider’s website (for example, gmail.com for a gmail account etc) and check whether those emails exist there in the Trash folder and then retrieve them. NOTE that if this email account is an IMAP account then all emails that you delete on your iPhone will be deleted on the website as well.

If the email account was a POP account and you had those emails saved on your iPhone AND created a backup of your iPhone on a computer, then you can restore your iPhone from that backup and return the state of your iPhone to the date and time that the backup was created.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 9:05 PM in response to BillTexas

If have deleted the emails and cleared the Deleted / Trash folder then you may have likely deleted the emails permanently.

You can try visiting the email provider’s website (for example, gmail.com for a gmail account etc) and check whether those emails exist there in the Trash folder and then retrieve them. NOTE that if this email account is an IMAP account then all emails that you delete on your iPhone will be deleted on the website as well.

If the email account was a POP account and you had those emails saved on your iPhone AND created a backup of your iPhone on a computer, then you can restore your iPhone from that backup and return the state of your iPhone to the date and time that the backup was created.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.