Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my iPad passcode

i forgot my iPad passcode

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 4:41 PM

Lola7815 Said:

"iPad: i forgot my iPad passcode"

-------

Troubleshooting a Forgotten iPad Passcode:

Hold it Right There!

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot your iPad Passcode - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

No Success?

Contact Apple support:

If you cannot get the above link to work, then contact Apple Support.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 4:41 PM in response to Lola7815

Lola7815 Said:

"iPad: i forgot my iPad passcode"

-------

Troubleshooting a Forgotten iPad Passcode:

Hold it Right There!

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot your iPad Passcode - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

No Success?

Contact Apple support:

If you cannot get the above link to work, then contact Apple Support.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Feb 20, 2023 5:28 PM in response to Lola7815

An iPad passcode cannot be recovered, reset or modified from another device.

iPadOS 15.2 or later with a forgotten Passcode

Apple has introduced a procedure with which to reset an iPad or iPhone with a forgotten Passcode - allowing you to use your AppleID and associated Password to reset your device.

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

You will be able to restore data from a pre-existing iCloud backup without the use of a computer, but will require a PC/Mac to restore data from an iTunes backup.

iPadOS 15.1 and earlier - and all devices that are Disabled

If your iPad is disabled, or you have forgotten your iPad passcode, you have no alternative other than to follow this process:

If you’ve forgotten the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled – Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a Windows PC (with iTunes for Windows installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Use of a PC or Mac is unavoidable. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store will be delighted to assist.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

AppleID

You may also need your AppleID and associated password. If these have also been forgotten, they can be recovered here:

https://iforgot.apple.com

To recover your credentials, you’ll need access to one of the following:

• Your primary email address mailbox that corresponds with your AppleID
  • Any of the secondary/recovery email addresses that should be configured for your AppleID account
  • Any of the trusted telephone numbers (fixed line or Cellular/Mobile) that are associated with your AppleID

Unless you AppleID account has not been fully/correctly configured, or has been seriously neglected, recovery of the AppleID and password should not be difficult.

More information about recovery of your AppleID:

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

More information about recovery of your AppleID password:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

When you recover access to your credentials, you would be well advised to log-in to your AppleID account from a web browser - and verify/update any email addresses and trusted telephone numbers:

https://appleid.apple.com

Feb 21, 2023 9:53 AM in response to LotusPilot

Dear Lotus pilot,

I need help understanding why settings are changing for unknown reasons, vpn is being turned on and off, apps are appearing without my consent, do not disturb is frequently turned on though I do not have a schedule and have not turned it on myself, when working on my brand new MacBook Pro, I turned on my iPad to see that it was mirroring my Mac, only to have it turn off 3 seconds later, all my devices appear to periodically flash the screen, my login page frequently changes, my fingerprint on my MacBook is frequently not offered for tasks it should be, my Face ID on my iPhone has the same issues, as does my thumbprint on my iPad, there are suddenly over a hubdred new shortcuts in my Mac settings, apps frequently will not launch, I have to fight to get my screen scroll one direction because it wants to screen the other, multiple security related searches in the App Store did not appear in App Store searches (eg Nighthawk, bitdefender Anchor, nord vpn, ,), my device has suddenly restarted the 2 times I have contacted the fbi (from Mac mini and from ohone), I have tried to post this 3 separate times before this, only to have the browser suddenly go back to the prior page so my typing is lost, after spending a week recording logs and screenshots to prove what’s happening, my Mac mini rebooted and rolled back 2 weeks I just landed after a flight and 11 days worth of data is gone from iMessage and whattsapp , but not mail ot photos

i could list 20 more things ….

I have had a Mac book, mackbook pto, MacBook Air iPhone, and iPad wiped clean by the Apple Store I have reset my apple 4 times u have installed a home router with a vpn, I I have never shared it with anyone have a vpn on my phone and have tried running and not, it doesn’t matter

no one in my personal life is looking over my shoulder

I have had some sort of security issue happen each day for 2 months across the r devices mentioned above, sn old Mac mini, and a 1/week old MacBook Pro, and 2 windows 10 computer

and yet apple tech support has 4 times told me that it’s impossible for apple devices to be hacked , with one tech rudely hanging up on me after repeatedly telling me that the only thing apple could for me was reset my Apple ID or check my internet settings

there’s been no scjnowledgement that certain macs can screen mirror another Mac, no acknowledgement that 10.15.7 had a vulnerability that allowed failed adobe installations to get “in” to a Mac, even though I have told them that I found the install log.txt showing each step of the code if what capabilities were installed, then deleted to adobe’s indtall trash than pushed into my Macs trash then recovered then installed And that those processed continue yo I’ve reload my memory and have filled my hard drive on my Mac mini so that it barely restarts, much less fun programs my old MacBook Pro is now just a big paperweight can’t even get it to start unless it’s recovery mode and then my administrative rights to recover or mount are gone

If this is not a virus, botnet, spyware , then I must be insane

sorry for typos? But I wanted to send before deleting happens again

8 weeks of this intrusion is killing my ability to do business or communicate with others I’m afraid yo pay my bills

can someone please help me?

[Email Edited by Moderator]

I forgot my iPad passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.