Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the trusted number for sign in verificaition for Apple ID?

i need to change my trusted number for verification to sign in into my apple iPhone my original has been lost , I get sent a 6 didgit verification but I can’t access it as I have a new phone, and I don’t want to create a new Apple ID , what can I do , very frustrating as I can’t use my new phone please help I don’t know what to do

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 8:04 PM

Hi there!

With two-factor authentication, you’ll need a verification code to sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support.

If you cannot access any devices, start account recovery: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 8:04 PM in response to myhama

Hi there!

With two-factor authentication, you’ll need a verification code to sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support.

If you cannot access any devices, start account recovery: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

Jack

How to change the trusted number for sign in verificaition for Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.