Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dropped iPhone 11

my four year old dropped my iPhone 11 (I think it is an 11) and now it won't turn on or do anything at all. It had plenty of charge and has been plugged in for a while. I have held the power button and the volume button but nothing is happening at all. Anyone got any advice of what I can try?

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 2:30 AM

If you already tried (to no avail) these correct gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

and the issue persists, your device may have suffered during the fall (some internal components broken or disabled?) but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 2:30 AM in response to RSprake

If you already tried (to no avail) these correct gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

and the issue persists, your device may have suffered during the fall (some internal components broken or disabled?) but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

dropped iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.