Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn off "customize" wallpaper on my iPhone?

How can I turn off "customize" wall paper? It keeps popping up and will not go away and so it prevents me from using the phone. iOS 16

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 6:50 PM

Why do Apple constantly add these features without any option to opt out. Things that I have no desire to do or will ever want to. As a consumer I pay for a phone. It’s expensive. It as become clear I do not actually own it. I mearly lease or borrow it from its true owner: Apple.

Apple maintain control of the equipment and guide us as to how they want us to use it. Constantly forcing update of software changing apps configuration, appearance and convenience of ease of use if we have become accustomed an actually use the app. Apps we do not want or need are installed features unnecessarily added. Little instruction provided and most of t time absolutely no option given. Apps surreptitiously access our information constantly out whereabouts activities purchases views even our conversations. Where does it end when is it enough already. I guess 2 customers list is insignificant when 10 are gained so nothing matters more than money there used to be more to a company a mission an ethos a moral or quest to improve te world through innovation. Sad sad sad facil vapid BS

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2023 6:50 PM in response to ethel corn

Why do Apple constantly add these features without any option to opt out. Things that I have no desire to do or will ever want to. As a consumer I pay for a phone. It’s expensive. It as become clear I do not actually own it. I mearly lease or borrow it from its true owner: Apple.

Apple maintain control of the equipment and guide us as to how they want us to use it. Constantly forcing update of software changing apps configuration, appearance and convenience of ease of use if we have become accustomed an actually use the app. Apps we do not want or need are installed features unnecessarily added. Little instruction provided and most of t time absolutely no option given. Apps surreptitiously access our information constantly out whereabouts activities purchases views even our conversations. Where does it end when is it enough already. I guess 2 customers list is insignificant when 10 are gained so nothing matters more than money there used to be more to a company a mission an ethos a moral or quest to improve te world through innovation. Sad sad sad facil vapid BS

Mar 7, 2023 6:13 AM in response to oz208

oz208 wrote:

Apple ‘support’ please do all these time consuming things that is hugely inconvenient and will not solve your issue but most likely cause another or lose you some important info/file/message/picture or memory.
be sure to remember you cannot turn off a feature you do not want or use. We added it to the device you own without giving you that option.

Apple doesn't read here for feedback or suggestions. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Feb 22, 2023 1:32 PM in response to ethel corn

Hi ethel corn,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Are you referring to the option you're seeing to customize the Lock Screen? If so, this happens when you touch and hold the Lock Screen. Just tap to remove that option and go back to your Lock Screen. See more about about that here: Personalize your iPhone Lock Screen - Apple Support

If this isn't about the option to customize your Lock Screen appearing, let us know exactly what customize you're seeing and where. We will go from there.

Thanks.

Feb 22, 2023 3:01 PM in response to ethel corn

ethel corn,

Thanks for providing those additional details.

Since the option is appearing unexpected with any touch, do you by chance have any case or screen protector on your iPhone? If so, we would recommend removing those accessories and test the issue again. This can help rule out the case or screen protector causing the display to register unexpected touches.

We'd also recommend restarting your iPhone if you have not already with the steps in this next link here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, or later
1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears
2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

While restarting may seem like a simple step, it can often help with resolving many unexpected issues like this.

Keep us updated on the results.

Cheers!

Mar 6, 2023 6:53 PM in response to ethel corn

Apple ‘support’ please do all these time consuming things that is hugely inconvenient and will not solve your issue but most likely cause another or lose you some important info/file/message/picture or memory.

be sure to remember you cannot turn off a feature you do not want or use. We added it to the device you own without giving you that option.

Mar 6, 2023 8:03 PM in response to oz208

I agree. Apple was better when their slogan was "Think Different".

I've been using Apple products exclusively since 1996. They've made some great and versatile tools that have been a pleasure for me to use. But, it seems things have changed. I'm not about to pay a premium price again for something as frustrating as my iPhone has become since iOS 16.

How can I turn off "customize" wallpaper on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.