Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim Track On Stolen Phone

Can you track the mobile phone number that is in an iPhone if the phone was stolen? In a case that the owners sim was removed and a new sim was inserted. Since the iphone has an IME and Serial Number and that IME can be linked to the new sim when calls are made. Is it possible?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 2:18 PM

I don't know what "IME check" is but, unless it's run by the carriers, I wouldn't trust it to be completely accurate.

But, as long as the phone is not active on your account, you're not getting charged anything for any usage. The reality is that you're not going to get the phone back so, if it were me, I'd stop expending a lot of energy on something that, for all practical purposes, you are never going to see again.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 2:18 PM in response to GrayGary9801

I don't know what "IME check" is but, unless it's run by the carriers, I wouldn't trust it to be completely accurate.

But, as long as the phone is not active on your account, you're not getting charged anything for any usage. The reality is that you're not going to get the phone back so, if it were me, I'd stop expending a lot of energy on something that, for all practical purposes, you are never going to see again.

Feb 21, 2023 1:56 PM in response to GrayGary9801

GrayGary9801 wrote:

Does that mean if I call my service provider and provide my IME number they might be able to give me information on the new sim inserted in my device?

While that is technologically possible, I doubt they will do that. They are not allowed to give you information on someone else's account.

What you can do is ask your carrier to add that phone to the stolen phone list. It will no longer be able to be used.

Sim Track On Stolen Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.