Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

flashing Trust this computer?

When I connect my iPhone 12 to my macbook, the "Trust this computer?" prompt flashes on my phone, but won't respond when I try to click on "Trust." How do I fix this?

iPhone 12

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 3:16 PM

Catalina puts all the iPhone content on the computer's Finder via an iPhone icon on the left sidebar of the Finder when the trust is completed. It no longer loads iTunes or any other programs like prior operating systems.

Hence why there is no apparent response on the computer. You have to look for the new icon in the Finder to indicate the connection has taken place.

You can still use Image Capture to grab photos and movies off the phone if you so desire.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 3:16 PM in response to Imzwinner

Catalina puts all the iPhone content on the computer's Finder via an iPhone icon on the left sidebar of the Finder when the trust is completed. It no longer loads iTunes or any other programs like prior operating systems.

Hence why there is no apparent response on the computer. You have to look for the new icon in the Finder to indicate the connection has taken place.

You can still use Image Capture to grab photos and movies off the phone if you so desire.

flashing Trust this computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.