Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen recording on MacBook Air

I forgot to stop a screen recording on my MacBook & my computer was turn off. Is there anyway that the screen recording might be saved ? I can’t find it anywhere

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 12:44 AM

Hello,

I am not quite sure if it would have been able to be saved if your computer was force shut down (by holding the power button). But, in the case of a normal shutdown where apps can delay shutdown it may have had a chance.

How to record the screen on your Mac - Apple Support

Try searching for it with a spotlight search. "When saving your recording automatically, your Mac uses the name ”Screen Recording date at time.mov”."

Something else I noticed was the ability to set the save location with the screen recording widget thing. Have you checked that to see where it would have saved the screen recording?

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 12:44 AM in response to Nicks1001

Hello,

I am not quite sure if it would have been able to be saved if your computer was force shut down (by holding the power button). But, in the case of a normal shutdown where apps can delay shutdown it may have had a chance.

How to record the screen on your Mac - Apple Support

Try searching for it with a spotlight search. "When saving your recording automatically, your Mac uses the name ”Screen Recording date at time.mov”."

Something else I noticed was the ability to set the save location with the screen recording widget thing. Have you checked that to see where it would have saved the screen recording?

I hope this helps.

Screen recording on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.