Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 GSM, iOS version 15.7.3, fails to activate.

Device: iPhone 7 GSM

iOS: 15.7.3

Apple ID: know

No SIM

It all started when I was not able to install 15.7.3 from iPhone itself because it showed an error. I installed 15.7.3 from my Mac without recovery, and now it is stuck.

When starting from the "hello" page, get to activation with Wi-Fi, it shows "Unable to activate. An update is required to activate your iPhone."

I tried restoring from previous version, like 15.6, 15, it always shows the same "Unable to active".

On activating on my MacBook Pro m1 pro, shows "Activation failed, The iPhone “iPhone” cannot be synced. The operation timed out."

I don't know what to do. Could someone help with this?

iPhone 7

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 3:44 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 22, 2023 4:21 AM in response to kazbek178

Please look at this --> If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

Carrier Lock:- Request your iPhone’s original Carrier to unlock your iPhone and if they agree and do it, then you may know the further process here --> How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier ...

If you are the owner or the owner has shared all information with you then, in order to open the Activation Lock:- read here --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have an unknown Apple ID on the App Store and Apple ID page. (See the pic below)

Learn how to remove a device from a previous owner's account.

If you are not the owner and do not have the Apple ID and Password then there is no way that you can get into this iPhone unless the original owner shares the Apple ID and password with you. If you are lucky you can get into this iPhone if they (owner) accidentally remove the device from their Apple ID.

Feb 22, 2023 4:53 AM in response to SravanKrA

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

There is no solution or any suggestion in case of "An update is required to activate your iPhone" error. I already checked this page before.

Carrier Lock: There is no problem with carrier because I already used this iPhone with my one SIM card and everything was fine.

I am the owner of the phone I have all the credentials to sign in to Apple ID, I just cannot get to that page because of "Unable to activate. An update is required to activate your iPhone."

What else can you suggest?

iPhone 7 GSM, iOS version 15.7.3, fails to activate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.