Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased Safari Extensions Are Greyed Out

Hello apple community,

I am currently having issues turning on extensions for Safari. I tried multiple apps, this one I even purchased, but nothing is working. Help please!

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 2:17 PM

Thank you for the answer, hc

I did look at the article you mentioned, but it just didn’t help for my situation as, like you said, it appeared I had no extensions downloaded. None of the extensions I saw in the extension browsing section of the App Store offered what I was looking for. (I know this solution may have worked for others, so thank you!)

However, I did get help from Apple Support through text and was able to solve the problem. My issue was that some of my Content and Privacy Restrictions under Screentime (in settings) were interfering with the app’s ability to work.

To solve the problem, I turned off content and privacy restrictions.

after turning off content and privacy restrictions, I could allow the content blocker app to block certain pages on safari.

then I turned content and privacy restrictions back on, and the app works just like it’s supposed to :)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2023 2:17 PM in response to hc1111

Thank you for the answer, hc

I did look at the article you mentioned, but it just didn’t help for my situation as, like you said, it appeared I had no extensions downloaded. None of the extensions I saw in the extension browsing section of the App Store offered what I was looking for. (I know this solution may have worked for others, so thank you!)

However, I did get help from Apple Support through text and was able to solve the problem. My issue was that some of my Content and Privacy Restrictions under Screentime (in settings) were interfering with the app’s ability to work.

To solve the problem, I turned off content and privacy restrictions.

after turning off content and privacy restrictions, I could allow the content blocker app to block certain pages on safari.

then I turned content and privacy restrictions back on, and the app works just like it’s supposed to :)

Feb 23, 2023 8:24 AM in response to DragonTea

Hey there DragonTea,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

From what we see, it doesn't look like you have any extensions installed. The app you currently see is a content blocker and not an extension.

You'll want to use the steps below to view and install supported Safari extensions on your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings  > Safari, then tap Extensions.
2. Tap More Extensions to browse through extensions in the App Store.
3. When you find one you want, tap the price, or if the app is free, tap Get, then follow the onscreen instructions.

For more details, check out this resource: Get extensions to customize Safari on iPhone - Apple Support

Take care!

Purchased Safari Extensions Are Greyed Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.