Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to see a number on my messages on the screen

I want to see a number above my messages and emails on the screen

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 7:28 AM

First, check if you have unread messages. No badges will be displayed if there are no unread messages.

Check also if you have enabled Do Not Disturb. By default, Do Not Disturb is set to hide ALL badges when the feature is enabled. You can disable Do Not Disturb in the control center.

• On iPhone with FaceID, pull down the Control Center from the top right corner.

Find the Focus button, just below Screen Rotation Lock and Screen Mirroring, tap in and disable Do Not Disturb. If you have another Focus profile enabled, disable it.

If you don't have a Focus profile activated, try checking here:

Settings > Notifications > check in Messages and the other affected apps if Badges are enabled.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 7:28 AM in response to Codadhj

First, check if you have unread messages. No badges will be displayed if there are no unread messages.

Check also if you have enabled Do Not Disturb. By default, Do Not Disturb is set to hide ALL badges when the feature is enabled. You can disable Do Not Disturb in the control center.

• On iPhone with FaceID, pull down the Control Center from the top right corner.

Find the Focus button, just below Screen Rotation Lock and Screen Mirroring, tap in and disable Do Not Disturb. If you have another Focus profile enabled, disable it.

If you don't have a Focus profile activated, try checking here:

Settings > Notifications > check in Messages and the other affected apps if Badges are enabled.

I want to see a number on my messages on the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.