Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2019 not showing full resolution with two Dell S2721DS Monitors with Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TB

I have a Macbook Pro 2019 with 2.6 GHz i7 running Ventura 13.2 and two Dell S2721DS monitors connected via Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TB.

I am using two HDMI cables to hook the monitors to the dock.

The monitors support a maximum resolution of 2560 X 1440 which is QHD however, only one monitor is running this resolution. The second monitor can only go up to 2048 X 1152 and no higher resolution is available in the display settings.

Do I need to use DisplayPort cables to fix this or Mac won't be able to handle it anyways in which case I could save $ being wasted on DP Cables?

By the way, my Dell Precision 5750 is able to run both monitors at full resolution.

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 9:30 AM

<< By the way, my Dell Precision 5750 is able to run both monitors at full resolution. >>

... then I recommend you leave the Dell WD19TB connected there, and get a competent modern ThunderBolt dock that supports higher resolutions for Hi-Color displays on a Mac. You are not the first to complain about the shortcomings of this dock when used with a Mac.

Can you connect both displays at their native resolutions directly to your Mac?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 9:30 AM in response to emily_solanki

<< By the way, my Dell Precision 5750 is able to run both monitors at full resolution. >>

... then I recommend you leave the Dell WD19TB connected there, and get a competent modern ThunderBolt dock that supports higher resolutions for Hi-Color displays on a Mac. You are not the first to complain about the shortcomings of this dock when used with a Mac.

Can you connect both displays at their native resolutions directly to your Mac?

Macbook Pro 2019 not showing full resolution with two Dell S2721DS Monitors with Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.