Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS Snow Leopard 10.6 on iMac Problems with Safari not connecting to the Internet

Using an older iMac with OS Snow Leopard. Safari not browsing as 'cannot connect to the Internet.' Other apps like Mail are working, but links and website don't open. Tried reinstalling the Mac OS by holdiing down (Command/R) but the OS didn't reinstall.

I also wanted to add a printer, but again couldn't download drivers because Safari isn't connecting.

Any help would be much appreciated.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 11:47 AM

The version of Safari that is installed with 10.6 Snow Leopard is too old to connect securely with most modern websites. There is no Safari version that can fix that.

You'll have to track down a more modern browser that has the security capability required. I don't know of one, but that doesn't mean it isn't out there.

Depending on the age of your iMac, it might be possible to upgrade the OS to something more recent and serviceable.

The iMac is obsolete and likely cannot be updated/upgraded. You should consider replacing it with a newer, more capable Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 11:47 AM in response to catherinefromxabia

The version of Safari that is installed with 10.6 Snow Leopard is too old to connect securely with most modern websites. There is no Safari version that can fix that.

You'll have to track down a more modern browser that has the security capability required. I don't know of one, but that doesn't mean it isn't out there.

Depending on the age of your iMac, it might be possible to upgrade the OS to something more recent and serviceable.

The iMac is obsolete and likely cannot be updated/upgraded. You should consider replacing it with a newer, more capable Mac.

OS Snow Leopard 10.6 on iMac Problems with Safari not connecting to the Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.