Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit Scene Failed

Today I removed a hue lights HomeKit group (of 4 bulbs into 1 light) from a range of scenes and automations. This evening any scene I try to run that used to have the bulbs included completes with „failed“ although all members of the scene executed successfully. I repeated this 20 times but nothing changed. I restarted the connected hub (it switched to another hub) and retried, but to no avail. I tried reading the grouped lights, but no change. Now I am stuck with a number of scenes permanently in „failed“ status and f‘all info what is causing it. I tried on 2 devices, same outcome.

I will add that the bulbs were not powered when I removed them as a group light from scenes and co. I don’t suppose they have to be powered for any of this? That would be a design flaw. Imagine a bulb breaks…. Anyone else have this and what to do?

iPhone 14

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 9:20 AM

Howdy dMindFuse,

It sounds like you are having an issue with some lighting and using HomeKit. We know how important having working home automation is for you, and we will help get you to the right place to find a resolution.

The first thing to make sure your device controlling HomeKit is running the latest OS version. Also, check with the manufacturer of your lighting that they are running the latest firmware. If all of them are up to date and you power-cycled all devices, then please reach out to the AppleCare support team for continued assistance via this link: Get Support

Take Care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2023 9:20 AM in response to dMindFuse

Howdy dMindFuse,

It sounds like you are having an issue with some lighting and using HomeKit. We know how important having working home automation is for you, and we will help get you to the right place to find a resolution.

The first thing to make sure your device controlling HomeKit is running the latest OS version. Also, check with the manufacturer of your lighting that they are running the latest firmware. If all of them are up to date and you power-cycled all devices, then please reach out to the AppleCare support team for continued assistance via this link: Get Support

Take Care!

HomeKit Scene Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.