Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone XR

Can I use my IPhone XR that uses only LTE in the United States where they have introduced 5G

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 5:34 PM

Thanks for your response. When I called my carrier here in Montreal to buy a US plan, they told me that they were informed that my iPhone is not compatible with 5G which is what most carriers use in the states. But I read that they are still supporting LTE for the next few years. I hope that is true.

take care

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 5:34 PM in response to Niel

Thanks for your response. When I called my carrier here in Montreal to buy a US plan, they told me that they were informed that my iPhone is not compatible with 5G which is what most carriers use in the states. But I read that they are still supporting LTE for the next few years. I hope that is true.

take care

Feb 22, 2023 3:02 PM in response to esta64

Yes, your iPhone XR still works in the US.

But everyone pay attention to Roaming when you travel to another country. You can contact your carrier to get more information about prices and coverage.

IPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.