Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not get my watch to pair with my new phone’

How do I pair my Apple Watch to my new iPhone

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 5:22 PM

Follow these steps:

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

Note: An Apple Watch can only be paired with one iPhone at a time. Here are two ways to unpair your watch from the previous iPhone if you no longer have the paired iPhone:

• See the 'How to erase your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone' section of:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 5:22 PM in response to Hairstylist81

Follow these steps:

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

Note: An Apple Watch can only be paired with one iPhone at a time. Here are two ways to unpair your watch from the previous iPhone if you no longer have the paired iPhone:

• See the 'How to erase your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone' section of:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch.

Feb 23, 2023 2:44 AM in response to Hairstylist81

Series 3 is difficult to pair with iOS16 because of relatively low storage but…

- Ensure the iphone is on iOS16.3 or later

- Erase the Watch completely. Put your watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete these steps. (select the watch OS version) Erase Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK) 

- When pairing do not try to restore the backup, pair as a New Watch

I can not get my watch to pair with my new phone’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.