Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get the not a genuine screen message to go away

How do I get rid of the message not a genuine part?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 5:21 PM

Hello ~ If you had your screen replaced by a non genuine screen you can’t make it go away. Did you have the screen replaced and if so by whom? This is an excerpt from the article you came from…

*An Unknown Part  message will appear if the display installation is incomplete or if the display:

• Was replaced with a nongenuine display
  • Was already used or installed in another iPhone
  • Isn't functioning as expected

An additional message might appear that says "Apple has updated the device information for this iPhone." This means that Apple has updated the device information maintained for this iPhone for service needs, safety analysis, and to improve future products. 

These messages don't affect your ability to use your iPhone.

Learn more about iPhone parts and service history.

~Katana-San~

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 5:21 PM in response to Purplehelmet8

Hello ~ If you had your screen replaced by a non genuine screen you can’t make it go away. Did you have the screen replaced and if so by whom? This is an excerpt from the article you came from…

*An Unknown Part  message will appear if the display installation is incomplete or if the display:

• Was replaced with a nongenuine display
  • Was already used or installed in another iPhone
  • Isn't functioning as expected

An additional message might appear that says "Apple has updated the device information for this iPhone." This means that Apple has updated the device information maintained for this iPhone for service needs, safety analysis, and to improve future products. 

These messages don't affect your ability to use your iPhone.

Learn more about iPhone parts and service history.

~Katana-San~

How do I get the not a genuine screen message to go away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.