Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost data, fitness a complete mess

So I finally got myself motivated to start exercising again, and made a goal of starting to close my rings daily. I have worked hard now for 5 days in a row to do so. Then today it showed my Monday move back down to 694/700 calories. No clue why. A google search said to add in data manually from the health app. So I tried to add in a walk for Monday to put my ring back closed. Instead of that, it added 1 minute workouts for every minute of Monday-Wed (Today) which further trashed my goals. The only option was to edit and delete all of the entries, which removed everything for workouts for 3 days. This is extremely disheartening. Not sure why Apple has zero protections on this data, very clearly discounting the importance of it to many users. Is there any way to fix this, or is it another instance of Apple letting me down. (I still never got over itunes destroying my mp3 collection years ago).

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 3:32 PM

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2023 3:32 PM in response to Evolutionadam

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Lost data, fitness a complete mess

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.