Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After performing migration from my old MacBook Pro to my new MacBook Pro M2 and now no matter what password I reset my password to it won’ accept it. This is really frustrating. What can I do?

After successfully performing migration from my old MacBook Pro to my new MacBook Pro M2, now no matter what password I reset my password to it will not accept it. This is really frustrating. What can I do?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 10:24 PM

Hi there!

You can change the password that you use to log in to your Mac, or reset the password if you don't remember it. 

Please see: If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support.

If you have tried those steps and you cannot reset your password, see: If you can't reset your Mac login password - Apple Support.

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 10:24 PM in response to Blackfaceart13

Hi there!

You can change the password that you use to log in to your Mac, or reset the password if you don't remember it. 

Please see: If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support.

If you have tried those steps and you cannot reset your password, see: If you can't reset your Mac login password - Apple Support.

Jack

After performing migration from my old MacBook Pro to my new MacBook Pro M2 and now no matter what password I reset my password to it won’ accept it. This is really frustrating. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.