Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bad Audio Quality while hearing Whatsapp Voice Messages on earspeaker

Hello,

For some time now I have been having problems listening to Whatsapp voice messages and phone calls with teams.

As soon as a voice message is played through the ear speakers, the sound is scratchy, the quality is very poor and quiet. If I then restart the voicemail or set the volume to zero once, the problem is no longer present. I have the same with teams. If I switch to speaker once and then back to ear speaker, it is fixed.

I have tried everything in the meantime. I have even changed the phone several times in the meantime (2x iPhone 13 Pro Max and now iPhone 14 Pro Max). The phone has been reset several times, with and without backup, apps reinstalled several times, phone calls to Apple, etc.

Has anyone had similar experience and can possibly give me a hint or tip what else can be done? Is there a possibility to send a bugreport to Whatsapp?

Addendum: These problems have so far occurred exclusively with Whatsapp and Teams, signal and normal playback of music or videos works flawlessly.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 11:57 PM

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

WhatsApp Business is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> Developer Website  or App Support  or WhatsApp business products - WhatsApp FAQ

Microsoft Teams is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Get technical support for Teams

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 11:57 PM in response to m0nSTaR

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

WhatsApp Business is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> Developer Website  or App Support  or WhatsApp business products - WhatsApp FAQ

Microsoft Teams is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Get technical support for Teams

Bad Audio Quality while hearing Whatsapp Voice Messages on earspeaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.