Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Apple ID from gmail to iCloud.com

I'd like to change my Apple ID from the gmail.com I'm currently using to an iCloud.com mail address that is currently one of my "Alias" email addresses. I want to get away from using @gmail.com as an Apple ID.

Is it possible to use the current Alias email address as my new Apple ID and delete/stop using the gmail.com address?

If not, what can I do to make it happen?

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 5:00 AM

You cannot use an alias as an Apple ID, you can only use your primary iCloud email address.

Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

"Note: You can’t delete or turn off a primary iCloud Mail address. You can’t use an alias to create a separate Apple ID, and an email alias can’t be converted to a primary iCloud Mail address."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2023 5:00 AM in response to McKinney777

You cannot use an alias as an Apple ID, you can only use your primary iCloud email address.

Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

"Note: You can’t delete or turn off a primary iCloud Mail address. You can’t use an alias to create a separate Apple ID, and an email alias can’t be converted to a primary iCloud Mail address."

Change Apple ID from gmail to iCloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.