Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

32-Bit Float Recording

Hi.

I'm working both on stereo and 5.1 projects for movies. I even mix dialogues with Logic.

You may heard the news that there is a new Mic that supports 32-Bit Float Recording by it self.

That gives me the question, while some other DAWs and many recording softwares supports 32-Bit Float Recording, why we don't get that upgrade for Logic pro X .

Aren't we there yet?

As a proud pro logic user why do i have to use other softwares just for 32-Bit Float Recording support?

Come on guys, I want to produce gain free and edit without a fear of noise

Mac Studio

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 3:13 AM

12 replies

Nov 15, 2023 9:40 AM in response to sakcen

I have worked in Pro Tools for the past 15 years or more and I am currently working on a project that requires Logic Pro. I just realized Logic STILL DOES NOT RECORD IN 32 BIT. This is insane and utterly disappointing. We've decided to switch to Pro Tools for the project for this very reason. My client is now dropping Logic Pro. Horrible development Apple, HORRIBLE.

Mar 23, 2023 6:33 AM in response to sakcen

Just received my new NT1 5th generation and saw that compatibility page in the downloaded user manual. WTAF? This was NOT made clear in ANY of the Rode marketing I saw that drove my decision to buy the mic. I feel misled by Rode and seriously let down by Apple. :(

Absolutely shocked that my new Mac Mini M2Pro running Logic 'Pro' won't be able to record 32 float. WTAF?

Oct 23, 2023 4:50 AM in response to AcerbicProject

These videos are helpful—but they do not deal with audio recorded straight in to Logic. I have just used my Rode NT1 5th Generation—which specifically exports (via USB) in 32-bit float—and my Logic files came out 16 bit and clipped all over the place. The only option I can see available to change was to select 24-bit under the "Recording" menu. That would have helped, but would not have been 32 bit.

Any other intel on this? It's confounding not to be able to find a simple answer anywhere about this.

32-Bit Float Recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.