Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot update. It doesn’t even give me the option, it just shows tht the update exists on the interface with no way to confirm it.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 5:54 AM

Hello ~ The message at the bottom says you don’t have enough storage to update. It seems you are also on a hotspot and using a VPN. Start here by clicking on below…

How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support

~Katana-San~

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2023 5:54 AM in response to online256

Hello ~ The message at the bottom says you don’t have enough storage to update. It seems you are also on a hotspot and using a VPN. Start here by clicking on below…

How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support

~Katana-San~

Feb 23, 2023 6:17 AM in response to online256

If I can add my two cents to what Katana-San correctly suggested:

To perform an update procedure wirelessly, you need to connect your device to a reliable and fast Wifi Network with internet access (no cellular data, unless you use a 5G network, no personal hotspot on your device, no VPN connections, no low power mode are admitted). AND I suggest that you keep the device plugged into power during the whole update process.

If you don't have a wifi network with Internet access, "borrow" one from your relatives/friends/neighbors, or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider or Authorized Reseller.

Do not forget to create a full backup of your device, before any updates.

Regards

Giulio

I cannot update. It doesn’t even give me the option, it just shows tht the update exists on the interface with no way to confirm it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.