Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iMac 2011 with Yosemite operating system (v10.10.5) - Can I use Office 2021

I have an iMac 2011 with Yosemite operating system v10.10.5. I use mine (basically) just for word, excel and outlook so I don't want to get a new computer. This one has been working fine.

I tried purchasing Office 365 (cloud) but I couldn't download it because of my operating system. It said I need to update my system. I was told by a sales person I can buy Office 2021 but I am not 100% sure it will work.

Will I be able to download Office 2021 on this computer?

If not, do you know what I need to do to update my computer before downloading it rather than buying a new computer?

Thank you!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 7:12 AM

5 replies

Feb 23, 2023 8:28 AM in response to JBCM73

You will not be able to run any version of office on that machine at all. Microsoft no longer supports High Sierra.

The currently available version of office requires a version of macOS that your machine is not capable of running. They have shut down the activation servers for previous versions of office that were compatible with high Sierra.

It’s time to get a new machine.

I have an iMac 2011 with Yosemite operating system (v10.10.5) - Can I use Office 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.