Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the fonts on my iPad reading an e-book

reading oniPad

changing size of fonts

iPad mini 4, 12

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 7:21 AM

I’m reading my e-book on my iPad e-book and I need to change the phones how do I do that?

2 replies

Feb 23, 2023 7:34 AM in response to Mikegolf123

Are you reading your eBook using the iPad Books App, or something else?

For the Books App, you’ll find information about changing fonts and font-sizes within the [frequently overlooked] iPad User Guide. Here is a direct link to the appropriate section:

Read books in the Books app on iPad - Apple Support

Change the text and page appearance

Tap the page, tap  at the bottom of the page, tap Themes & Settings, then do any of the following:

• Change the font size: Tap the large A to increase the font size or tap the small A to decrease it.
    • Change the font: Tap Options, tap Font, select a font option such as Georgia or Palatino, then tap Done.

Turn on vertical scrolling: Tap  to scroll continuously through a book.

• For PDFs, tap , at the top of the screen then turn on Vertical Scrolling.
    • Adjust the display brightness: Tap , then choose an option.
    • Change the page background color: Tap a page theme such as Quiet or Bold.
    • Make the font bold: Tap Options, then turn on Bold Text (green is on).
    • Customize spacing and justification: Tap Options, turn on Customize (green is on), then drag the sliders left or right to adjust line spacing, character spacing, and word spacing. You can also turn Full Justification and Allow Multiple Columns off or on (green is on).

Tap Done to apply your changes.

How do I change the fonts on my iPad reading an e-book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.