Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you have 3 numbers on iPhone 13?

Can you have 2 e sims plus a regular sim on iPhone 13 ?

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 9:36 AM

Yes. Though only 2 sims can be active at a time as explained in the support document you posted from.

You can have as many as 8 eSims setup, but only one can be turned on to receive calls if you are also using a physical sim. Or 2 eSims can be turned on and receiving calls if you are not also using a physical sim.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2023 9:36 AM in response to JPMADISON1

Yes. Though only 2 sims can be active at a time as explained in the support document you posted from.

You can have as many as 8 eSims setup, but only one can be turned on to receive calls if you are also using a physical sim. Or 2 eSims can be turned on and receiving calls if you are not also using a physical sim.

Mar 14, 2023 2:50 PM in response to Phil0124

For iPhone 14, that would be correct, but iPhone 13 (whether Pro or not) will not support more than two SIMS ('subscriptions/numbers'). You have to pick two eSIMS, or an eSIM and the regular nano SIM.

Apple is vague in the documentation, and one might be lead to believe it can support two eSIMs AND a nano SIM.

As far as I am aware, that is not possible.

Mar 14, 2023 3:20 PM in response to Wellcraft192

Wellcraft192 wrote:

For iPhone 14, that would be correct, but iPhone 13 (whether Pro or not) will not support more than two SIMS ('subscriptions/numbers'). You have to pick two eSIMS, or an eSIM and the regular nano SIM.

That's what I said. Only 2 sims active at a time. Whether 1 physical and 1 eSim, or both eSim.

Apple is vague in the documentation, and one might be lead to believe it can support two eSIMs AND a nano SIM.
As far as I am aware, that is not possible.

Correct. Apple states as much in the support document:

You can use Dual SIM by using a physical SIM and an eSIM. iPhone 13 models and later also support two active eSIMs. iPhone models without a physical SIM tray support two active eSIMs.

Mar 14, 2023 3:26 PM in response to Phil0124

Question was 'Can you have 3 numbers on iPhone 13?'

For iPhone 13, the answer would be a no (you answered yes).

I am not aware that you can have three numbers loaded on the 13 (you sure can on the 14, up to 8). And Apple is really vague (as you have copied the official text in above as well). If I'm incorrect, please enlighten me (as it is an important piece of information).

Can you have 3 numbers on iPhone 13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.