Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No wifi icon found to Activate Mac

How can I get on a wifi network without the wifi icon on top right corner?

I just factory reset my MacBook Pro that runs on Venture. After the computer automatically restarted the system to reactivate the Mac, however, I found out that there was no WiFi icon on the recovery screen that was supposed to be in the upper right corner with other icons.

I had the same issue before and I can’t remember how I managed to complete the process.

If you know what to do, could you please kindly let me know.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 4:07 PM

yuki70 wrote:

I just factory reset my MacBook Pro that runs on Venture. After the computer automatically restarted the system to reactivate the Mac, however, I found out that there was no WiFi icon on the recovery screen that was supposed to be in the upper right corner with other icons.

I had the same issue before and I can’t remember how I managed to complete the process.

Thank you.

You do not say what exact Mac...

Activate mac no wifi symbol—

1) Power down the Macbook (force quit if necessary hold the power button/TouchID down for ~6-10 sec.)

2) Wait 30-seconds...Short press power button

3) Immediately afterwards long press the power button until an "Option" screen appears

4) Click on options

Let any schematics roll by until Activate Mac screen appears again and the wifi icon appears in the upper right corner.

if necessary—manually enter network name & password under the "Join Other Network" option

If your Mac starts up to Options with a gear icon - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2023 4:07 PM in response to yuki70

yuki70 wrote:

Thank you.

You do not say what exact Mac...

Activate mac no wifi symbol—

1) Power down the Macbook (force quit if necessary hold the power button/TouchID down for ~6-10 sec.)

2) Wait 30-seconds...Short press power button

3) Immediately afterwards long press the power button until an "Option" screen appears

4) Click on options

Let any schematics roll by until Activate Mac screen appears again and the wifi icon appears in the upper right corner.

if necessary—manually enter network name & password under the "Join Other Network" option

If your Mac starts up to Options with a gear icon - Apple Support

No wifi icon found to Activate Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.