Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I fix the "The value is missing" error on my Mac?

I am currently trying to restore a iPhone 6s that is disabled. Whenever I attempt to trust the IPhone, it says "The value is missing." Am I doing something wrong? Do note that:

It says to connect through ITunes, not the Computer Icon

The phone does say "IPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes.

If someone could reach out to me in a matter of minutes that would be great.

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 11:55 AM

Hi BININTHEBAG,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you are having issues with trusting devices on your iMac, here are a few steps that may be useful:

1. Restart your device to see if the issue is still there: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

2. Confirm that your device is using the most recent software to rule out the older one: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

3. Contact Apple Support here if you need further support: Contact - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2023 11:55 AM in response to BININTHEBAG

Hi BININTHEBAG,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you are having issues with trusting devices on your iMac, here are a few steps that may be useful:

1. Restart your device to see if the issue is still there: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

2. Confirm that your device is using the most recent software to rule out the older one: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

3. Contact Apple Support here if you need further support: Contact - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

How can I fix the "The value is missing" error on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.