Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot text to android phones

i can no longer reply to texts from android phones using Apple SE.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 7:35 PM

Howdy! You might be using your iCloud email for iMessage rather than a phone number. You can make sure your phone number is being used by going to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. From there make sure your phone number is enabled. You could also go to Settings, then click your name at the top. From there it's Name, Phone numbers, Email. On this screen, also ensure your phone number is properly enabled.

Here's some information you might find helpful:

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support *

Use Messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support *

Hope this helps!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2023 7:35 PM in response to Kkingsbu

Howdy! You might be using your iCloud email for iMessage rather than a phone number. You can make sure your phone number is being used by going to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. From there make sure your phone number is enabled. You could also go to Settings, then click your name at the top. From there it's Name, Phone numbers, Email. On this screen, also ensure your phone number is properly enabled.

Here's some information you might find helpful:

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support *

Use Messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support *

Hope this helps!

Apr 5, 2023 12:45 PM in response to Kkingsbu

Yes, this is happening to me. Hubby and I have same Samsung a32 phone but my phone can receive texts from iPhones but those iPhones don’t receive my texts. I’ve reset network. I’m wondering if it’s because I have an iPad with imsg that I use, I’ve been forced to use it to those iPhones that don’t get my texts from my cell(Samsung). We have puretalk service. Other iPhones receive my texts just fine.

help!

my hubby doesn’t have iPad or imsg and he can send and receive text s to the same iPhone numbers that don’t get my texts.

Cannot text to android phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.