Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Health app “active energy” calories disagrees with Watch Fitness Move calories

The difference is usually small, but in the last few days the discrepancy has become huge.

For example:

Feb 23:

• 381 calories in Health App
  • 797 calories in Fitness/Move app

Feb 22:

• 325 calories in Health App
  • 678 calories in Fitness/Move

Both claim to be using my Apple Watch for tracking my active calories.

This is really annoying because (among other reasons) my insurance plan uses my *Health* app calories to determine how active I am, and if I’m above a certain threshold, they’ll pay for my Watch payment. So it actually costs me money that Apple suddenly can’t figure out what my active energy is.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 3:58 PM

Mine correlate exactly, not even one calorie different.

Are the phone and watch in constant contact?

For unexplained behaviour there is a progressive hierarchy of  remedies...

First force restart the Watch 

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

Then while it is restarting Force Restart the paired iphone   Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK) 

Check the totals next day. If it is still misbehaving... Unpair and set up again

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK) 

and then 

Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

You may also want to make sure the software on the watch and iphone  are both up to date to the same level. 

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support 

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support. 

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers  

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

and or Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2023 3:58 PM in response to d_b101

Mine correlate exactly, not even one calorie different.

Are the phone and watch in constant contact?

For unexplained behaviour there is a progressive hierarchy of  remedies...

First force restart the Watch 

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

Then while it is restarting Force Restart the paired iphone   Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK) 

Check the totals next day. If it is still misbehaving... Unpair and set up again

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK) 

and then 

Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

You may also want to make sure the software on the watch and iphone  are both up to date to the same level. 

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support 

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support. 

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers  

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

and or Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple Health app “active energy” calories disagrees with Watch Fitness Move calories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.