Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change the name under Apple ID where the name, phone numbers and email are listed?

Can I change the name under Apple ID where the name, phone numbers and email are listed?

I work for a company that has several iPads and iPhones that were set up with the same Apple ID, which is not a problem.

They do however all have the same person's name when you choose on the first thing under Settings that lists Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases. This person has left the company and we'd like to change the name to something more generic, iPhone-MobileKit1, etc, or something.

I know where I can do it, I just don't know if there are any repercussions for doing so.

I guess the question is, can I have something other than a person's name under the Name in the Apple ID section for Name, Phone Numbers, Email.

Hope that is clear to someone because as I type it, I feel like I am not doing a grand job of explaining it. :-)

Thanks for your help!

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 2:13 PM

Hi tszellers,

We'll be glad to help. There shouldn't be any repercussions to changing the name. The name would simply be changed. For more information on managing your Apple ID, check out Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

Cheers.

2 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.