Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I reset an old Apple Watch I just found?

Can I reset an old Apple Series 3 Watch I just found and forgot the password too? It isn’t on my phone anymore. My phone is connected to my new one.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 4:10 PM

If the Apple Watch is associated with someone else's Apple ID, then you would need that person to unregister the Apple Watch following these directions

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If you cannot locate the Apple ID owner, then the Apple Watch is useless to you and best you turn it into the local lost and found or the police as a lost item.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2023 4:10 PM in response to jaycilen

If the Apple Watch is associated with someone else's Apple ID, then you would need that person to unregister the Apple Watch following these directions

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If you cannot locate the Apple ID owner, then the Apple Watch is useless to you and best you turn it into the local lost and found or the police as a lost item.

Can I reset an old Apple Watch I just found?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.