Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an apple spreadsheet software

What is the best spreadsheet software I

need to have installed in my tablet to write spreadsheets and share them?

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 3:15 PM

Apple provides an office productivity suite that includes:

Keynote: for presentations

Numbers: for spreadsheets

Pages: for word processing

you may install each of these from the App store

3 replies

Feb 25, 2023 12:27 AM in response to marilee84

"What is the best spreadsheet software…"

That depends on what you want 'the best' spreadsheet software to do, and with whom you are going to share documents made with that software.

Numbers is available for iOS, is free, and produces documents that can be readily shared with others who use iOS or MacOS devices. If you are often sharing documents with people using MS Excel, you may find Numbers wanting in compatibility with that family of apps and applications.

Were you asking the same question wrt spreadsheet applications for Mac, I'd say there are several with better Excel compatibility, including Libre Office and other versions descending from the earlier Open Office.

Excel itself is also available for Mac, or as an internet aplication working in the cloud.

Regards,

Barry

Feb 25, 2023 5:26 AM in response to marilee84

marilee84 wrote:

need to have installed in my tablet to write spreadsheets and share them?

If the people you are sharing with use Excel then you'll probably find Excel gives you fewer problems, as some things are lost in translation from Numbers to Excel.

If the people you are sharing with use Android tablets then you'll want Excel, as Numbers doesn't run on Android.

If the people you are sharing with use Numbers then Numbers is probably the way to go,

Excel clones like LibreOffice are not a good choice if you need to have your spreadsheets on a tablet.

SG

Is there an apple spreadsheet software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.