Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to restore my iPhone 2 time but the phone screen still shows iPhone disabled

I tried to restore iPhone s plus but keep appearing iPhone disabled

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 2:59 PM

Are you running iOS 15.2 or above? Try these steps in order to re enable your iPhone

1. From your device's Lock Screen, try to enter your passcode five times until the "[Device] Unavailable" screen appears and your device asks you to try again later.
  2. When you're able to, continue to enter your passcode until the "Security Lockout" screen appears and you get the Erase [Device] option in the bottom corner of the screen.
  3. Tap Erase [Device], then tap Erase [Device] again to confirm.
  4. Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of your Apple ID on your device.
  5. Tap Erase [Device] to permanently delete all of your data and settings.
  6. When your device restarts, follow the onscreen instructions to set up your device again, restore your data and settings from a backup, and set a new passcode.

If you can't follow these steps, you can use a computer to reset your device.

If you’re running an older iOS you will need to use a computer to restore your device. IF it is not working on one computer try it on another computer at a public library or maybe you can borrow another computer

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2023 2:59 PM in response to Camnguyen75

Are you running iOS 15.2 or above? Try these steps in order to re enable your iPhone

1. From your device's Lock Screen, try to enter your passcode five times until the "[Device] Unavailable" screen appears and your device asks you to try again later.
  2. When you're able to, continue to enter your passcode until the "Security Lockout" screen appears and you get the Erase [Device] option in the bottom corner of the screen.
  3. Tap Erase [Device], then tap Erase [Device] again to confirm.
  4. Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of your Apple ID on your device.
  5. Tap Erase [Device] to permanently delete all of your data and settings.
  6. When your device restarts, follow the onscreen instructions to set up your device again, restore your data and settings from a backup, and set a new passcode.

If you can't follow these steps, you can use a computer to reset your device.

If you’re running an older iOS you will need to use a computer to restore your device. IF it is not working on one computer try it on another computer at a public library or maybe you can borrow another computer

I tried to restore my iPhone 2 time but the phone screen still shows iPhone disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.