Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Playlists showing up in my Library

I’ve been noticing random playlists being added to my music library that I did not create with nonsensical titles. They also show up differently on each device. On my iPhone it even has one of my created playlists but with a different title and entirely different music than what I had added. It’s quite annoying and frankly upsetting if it’s rewriting my already created playlists.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 11:38 PM

5 replies

Feb 27, 2023 9:03 AM in response to Mykel777

Hello Mykel777,

You may want to start by verifying all the devices to which your Apple ID is signed in and linked to. Here's a guide to help: Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support.

Use your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch to find where you're signed in
1. Tap Settings > [your name], then scroll down. 
2. Tap any device name to view that device's information, such as the device model, serial number, OS version, and whether it's a trusted device that can be used to receive Apple ID verification codes. The information might vary depending on the device type. You might need to answer your security questions to view device details. 

Are you familiar with all the devices showing? Do you manage all these devices, or do others have access to any of these devices? If so you may want to check with those people first to see if they are using Apple Music and creating these playlists.

If no one else has access to any of these devices, you may want to reach out to Apple Support directly about this issue. You can reach out to them by clicking here: Contact - Official Apple Support or over the phone by calling the number that is most local to your region: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support. They would be in the best position to further assist you with this problem.

Kind regards!

Mar 3, 2023 10:53 PM in response to Mykel777

The exact thing just came up on my apple music and all my devices are managed by me. One playlist was captioned “Christmas music that doesn’t make me want to blow my brains out” with the caption “f**k kelly Clarkson” I thought to myself hmm i think id remember making that playlist. Another was called “something new and weeby” not entirely sure what that means but it was a playlist consisting of an assortment of songs from a few of my playlists. Not sure what happened there but slightly concerning. 🤔

Random Playlists showing up in my Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.