Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set the date on multiple selected photos to a hard value, not a delta?

I notice now, when I select say 100 photos and try set their date, Apple Photos is calculating a delta based on the first-of-the-100 photos, and applying that delta to all 100 photos. Of course when I do this, the 100 photos all have wildly different dates, and the result is only 1 of the 100 photos now have the correct date.

Is there any way I can apply a hard date value as opposed to a delta. (Can Photos re-calculate the delta for each individual photo not just the first photo?)

MacOS = Ventura 13.2.1

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon 2023

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 1:42 PM

You can do that with this user created AppleScript: Script: Batch Change the Date and Time to a Fixed Date

The script compiled as an application can be downloaded from this tutorial site:  P01 - Applescripts from Photos’ User Tips Compiled as Applications  . When first launched do so by right-clicking on the app and selecting Open from the Contextual menu.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2023 1:42 PM in response to gordon mcdowell

You can do that with this user created AppleScript: Script: Batch Change the Date and Time to a Fixed Date

The script compiled as an application can be downloaded from this tutorial site:  P01 - Applescripts from Photos’ User Tips Compiled as Applications  . When first launched do so by right-clicking on the app and selecting Open from the Contextual menu.

Feb 26, 2023 7:33 AM in response to Old Toad

Thank you, I’ve mostly jiggered my current batch of photos into correct dates using photos. It meant every time I tried to correct about some fraction, and I said I was very selective about the fraction would be made less accurate, but back-and-forth I have pushed most of them to the correct date. I will try this with the next batch I import, or if I find a large chunk in this batch still needing a simple date set.

Set the date on multiple selected photos to a hard value, not a delta?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.