Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Mac mini & iPhone 11 Pro bluetooth pairing

When I try to pair these two, iPhone message reads "mac mini not supported". Are the iphone 11 pro and m1 mac mini, bluetooth pair-able to utilize "continuity camera" on the mac mini?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 9:45 AM

Mac mini 2012 and later are supported.

Bluetooth must be turned on for Continuity Camera but the devices are not Bluetooth paired. See the information in Continuity Camera: Use your iPhone or iPad to scan documents or take a picture on your Mac - Apple Support including the following:

Additional requirements

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2023 9:45 AM in response to Rd1113

Mac mini 2012 and later are supported.

Bluetooth must be turned on for Continuity Camera but the devices are not Bluetooth paired. See the information in Continuity Camera: Use your iPhone or iPad to scan documents or take a picture on your Mac - Apple Support including the following:

Additional requirements

Feb 25, 2023 11:32 AM in response to Rd1113

If by connect you mean pair, the iPhone an iPad are not designed to pair with each other.

I can't think of any reason for it Continuity Camera not to be working if you've addressed the requirements in Continuity Camera: Use your iPhone or iPad to scan documents or take a picture on your Mac - Apple Support

You may want to contact Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support

Other information regarding Bluetooth and continuity:

See the information in: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

Feb 25, 2023 10:52 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for the response,

I believe all the criteria you have outlined is fulfilled and double checked repeatedly.

I am now considering a bluetooth HW or SW issue in the Mac mini.

Last week I upgrade from Big Sur to Ventura just to make use of the CC feature, I also bought the iPhone 11 Pro cuz the iphone7 i had was not compatible with CC.

What doesnt add up is I can connect with the mac mini's bluetooth to a different device??

Same with the iPhone 11 Pro - it will also connect to that different device.

What am I missing here?

Thanks again!

M1 Mac mini & iPhone 11 Pro bluetooth pairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.