Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs purchased with an email that no longer exists

I need to know how I get around the following problem. Some years ago I purchased some songs and albums in iTunes when I had a certain ic24 email address. That email has not existed for some years. Today when setting up my new iPhone, it told me the items bought under that old email could not be authorised unless I entered the password for that account! Now there is no way that I can remember the password after all this time, but even if I did, the account and even the ISP ic24 has not existed for a long time anyway, so I had to skip over it when setting up my new iPhone. However, how do I get access to those old purchases now? And if I I was to try the 'forgot password' link, it would attempt to send a reset password link to an email that doesn't exist, so that can't work either. So how do I get authorisation for music I purchased long ago when I had a different email address? Thank you.

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 4:54 PM

Roy,

If the normal password reset does not work, you can call out the big guns:

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

However, if you have already created a new APPle ID, be aware that there are restrictions to using 2 different Apple IDs on the same phone, so you may want to consider saying Sayonara to the old stuff.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2023 4:54 PM in response to Roy Gillard

Roy,

If the normal password reset does not work, you can call out the big guns:

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

However, if you have already created a new APPle ID, be aware that there are restrictions to using 2 different Apple IDs on the same phone, so you may want to consider saying Sayonara to the old stuff.

Feb 26, 2023 4:51 AM in response to ed2345

Thanks, but it is not the Apple ID that is lost and needs a reset, it is the ic24 password that was being used at the time with ic24 which I was using at the time I started buying from iTunes. I have three Apple ID for .mac .me and .iCloud but I know them all. However, to recover the ic24 pwd when ic24 no longer exists is not possible. If you tried to reset that pwd they send the reset link to your ic24 email which will bounce as it no longer exists!

Songs purchased with an email that no longer exists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.