Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changed battery iPhone XS Max

I just changed my iPhone battery. Everything is working great but there is a battery notification in settings that won’t go away. Does anyone know how I make this message go away?

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 10:19 AM

Received an email with this message from apple moderator. "We’ve edited your post Changed battery iPhone XS Max because it contained inappropriate language or comments." In no way was my language offensive or inappropriate. A user keeps spamming my question regarding battery "unknown part" notification badge with answers that are unhelpful and irrelevant to an actual fix. I find it irresponsible of the moderator to edit my responses to the deconstructive comments I keep receiving from this one user. Again, I am not concerned with my battery replacement - I'm looking for a way to remove the irrelevant "badge" notification from my iPhone settings app.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2023 10:19 AM in response to tyler_victor_isaacson

Received an email with this message from apple moderator. "We’ve edited your post Changed battery iPhone XS Max because it contained inappropriate language or comments." In no way was my language offensive or inappropriate. A user keeps spamming my question regarding battery "unknown part" notification badge with answers that are unhelpful and irrelevant to an actual fix. I find it irresponsible of the moderator to edit my responses to the deconstructive comments I keep receiving from this one user. Again, I am not concerned with my battery replacement - I'm looking for a way to remove the irrelevant "badge" notification from my iPhone settings app.

Feb 25, 2023 6:59 PM in response to KiltedTim

I'm not apposed to doing work myself if I'm capable of doing so. Like I said, everything went well with the replacement, so I'm not worried in that regard. As for cost, my replacement battery was $35 and the estimate service repair is $69 taken from Apple's service cost estimator tool for replacing a battery on an iPhone Xs Max. So price is almost double through Apple, which makes sense. You may be referring to cost if you have AppleCare+, which I do not. I appreciate your response, although I'm simply looking for direction on how to perform a manual battery recalibration, or maybe just a route for dismissal of the battery message, or any way to get rid of the notification that my iPhone noticed a new battery was installed and simply doesn't recognize the brand or capacity. This message is irrelevant in cases like mine, where I replaced the battery myself and understand the new battery is likely not Apple branded. The point wasn't to be left with an unremovable notification regarding the phone's inability to recognize the new battery, it was to replace a faulty/old battery with a new/efficient one, which is what I did. Any further assistance or help regarding removal of the battery notification would be greatly appreciated and is the direction I'm interested in receiving.

Feb 26, 2023 10:24 AM in response to KiltedTim

False. I performed the install just fine on my own. The apple software is flagging a perfectly fine battery install simply because the battery is an "unknown part." This notification is not helpful considering I did the install and understand the battery isn't an Apple part. I do not care, in the slightest, that my iphone doesn't recognize the new battery. I care about the operation of my phone, which is now more efficient and longer lasting with the new battery. The hardware is great. The software is the problem.

Feb 26, 2023 6:49 PM in response to tyler_victor_isaacson

It was NOT a "perfectly fine battery install".

You installed a non-Apple battery and you don't have the tools required to register the replacement part with the system. That's why it doesn't recognize it. That model phone is not considered user serviceable.

You can either live with the message, ask Apple if they will do the replacement properly, or go buy another phone. It's up to you.

Feb 26, 2023 7:04 PM in response to tyler_victor_isaacson

I'm looking for a way to remove the irrelevant "badge" notification from my iPhone settings app.

That notification will go away when the correct battery is installed in your phone. It's that simple. No way around this.

Be advised that Apple may refuse to work on your phone, even if you decide to have the right part installed.

Changed battery iPhone XS Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.