Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone uses phone app for other applications

When someone’s video calling me from whatsapp, or other video calling apps while the phone is locked, it makes the call to be on the original phone app like i am talking with my sim. I need to unlock the phone with faceid or passcode to see the video call, what i want is that i don’t need my phone to be unlocked for whatsapp to use my camera when someone’s video calling me. Even though this is a security feature i would like to disable it.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 8:59 AM

Hey Vatra-FTP,

If we understand correctly, you are wanting to be able to select specific apps that can bypass using the passcode or Face ID.

Looking at the article Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support and found within the section "Change your passcode or passcode settings" is the following:

Allow Access When Locked: Use this option to allow access to some features when your device is locked, including Today ViewNotification Center, Control Center on iPhone and iPod touch or iPadSiriReply with MessageHome ControlWallet, Return Missed Calls, and USB accessories

Reading this it says that you would not be able to select apps to bypass the iPhone's Lock Screen security feature, without disabling it altogether. And this would not be recommended.

Reach back out if you have further questions.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 8:59 AM in response to Vatra-FTP

Hey Vatra-FTP,

If we understand correctly, you are wanting to be able to select specific apps that can bypass using the passcode or Face ID.

Looking at the article Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support and found within the section "Change your passcode or passcode settings" is the following:

Allow Access When Locked: Use this option to allow access to some features when your device is locked, including Today ViewNotification Center, Control Center on iPhone and iPod touch or iPadSiriReply with MessageHome ControlWallet, Return Missed Calls, and USB accessories

Reading this it says that you would not be able to select apps to bypass the iPhone's Lock Screen security feature, without disabling it altogether. And this would not be recommended.

Reach back out if you have further questions.

Take care!

iPhone uses phone app for other applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.