Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IClouds app on my Surface computer's "Find My" option showing air tag locations

"Find My" option only lists location information for Devices. I have 4 air tags can I get the app to list the location for these the same way the location is listed in the "find my" app on my iPhone?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 12:27 PM

5 replies

Feb 28, 2023 1:19 PM in response to Hastingsglen

Hi Hastingsglen,

To resolve your issue, let's follow the steps listed here: Find your keys, backpack, and more with AirTag - Apple Support to resolve. The steps are also below.

" More ways to find your items

If you misplace an item with an AirTag attached, use the Find My app to see or get directions to its current or last known location. If it's nearby, you can also play a sound from your AirTag's built-in speaker. AirTag uses the Find My network, an encrypted, anonymous network of hundreds of millions Apple devices that can help you find your things. 

See your AirTag on the map

1. Open the Find My app, then tap the Items tab.
  2. Choose the AirTag you want to locate in the Items list.
    • If the AirTag is within range of your device or the Find My network recently detected it, you see it on the map. An updated location and timestamp appears under its name.
    • If the AirTag isn't within range of your device or any devices in the Find My network, you see its last known location and timestamp. To be notified when your AirTag is within range of your device or detected by the Find My network, turn on Notify When Found under Notifications. 

If you can't see your AirTag on the map

Play a sound

1. Open the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then tap the Items tab.
  2. In the Items list, choose the AirTag that you want to play a sound. 
  3. Tap Play Sound.1 If your AirTag is within Bluetooth range, it will play a sound. 
  4. To stop playing this sound before it ends automatically, tap Stop Sound.

If your AirTag is in Bluetooth range of your connected device but isn't playing a sound

Get directions

If your iPhone or region doesn't support Ultra Wideband, or your AirTag is outside the range of your device, you can get directions to its location. 

1. Open the Find My app, then tap the Items tab.
  2. Choose the AirTag that you want directions to.
  3. To see the route to your AirTag in Maps, tap Directions.
  4. To get directions from your current location to your AirTag, tap Go."

Best regards.

Mar 4, 2023 2:50 PM in response to mikeg28806

The find my app on the phone differentiates between devices (phones, tablets and computers) and items (air tags and other stuff). To find the air tags I need to select items on the phone. The web version of iCloud on my Surface computer only allows to find devices, there is no option for items. Is there a way to get the web version to also find my items?

Mar 1, 2023 4:16 PM in response to Hastingsglen

Thanks for keeping the thread up to speed Hastingsglen,

Try locating your AirTag with your Surface PC using a web browser.

Locate your device

1: In Find Devices on iCloud.com, click All Devices. Select the device you want to locate. The name of the device appears in the center of the Find Devices toolbar.

• If the device can be located: It appears on the map so you can see where it is.
• If the device can’t be located: You see Offline below the device’s name. The last known location is displayed for up to 24 hours. Select “Notify me when found” to get an email when it’s online again.

Note: If you turned on the Find My network, you can use the Find My app on any device that’s signed in with the same Apple ID to see your device’s location, even if it’s offline. The last known location is stored for up to 7 days. See the Apple Support article Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item.

2: To locate another device, click the name of the current device in the center of the Find Devices toolbar to see the Devices list, then select a new device.

If you’re no longer using a device, remove it from your account so it doesn’t appear in Find Devices.

Locate a device in Find Devices on iCloud.com

We hope this helps!

IClouds app on my Surface computer's "Find My" option showing air tag locations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.