Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro App Permissions

I have an iPhone 13 Pro, under Settings/Privacy & Security/Bluetooth all my app switches are grayed out. I'm unable to allow permission to Bluetooth for new apps and unable to modify access to existing apps. I'm running latest IOS, rebooted several times, and did a reset on all network settings. Bluetooth still works with AirPods, speakers, car, etc. but not apps. Also noticed where you allow apps to use Cellular Data is also grayed out. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Steve

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 2:07 PM

Greetings swf58,

If you are unable to adjust your Settings, you may be using parental controls or your device could have a mobile device management profile.

Is your phone provided to you through an employer or school? If so, check out:

"iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS have a built-in framework that supports mobile device management (MDM). MDM lets you securely and wirelessly configure devices by sending profiles and commands to the device, whether they’re owned by the user or your organization. MDM capabilities include updating software and device settings, monitoring compliance with organizational policies, and remotely wiping or locking devices. Users can enroll their own devices in MDM, and organization-owned devices can be enrolled in MDM automatically using Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager. If you’re using Apple Business Essentials, you can also use the device management that’s built right in." Intro to mobile device management profiles

The profile manager would need to allow you to make changes.

If using parental controls, check out:

1. "Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
  2. Tap Turn on Screen Time, then tap it again. Choose "This is My [Device]" or "This is My Child's [Device]."
  3. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode, then turn on Content & Privacy Restrictions." Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We hope this helps to resolve the issue.

Best wishes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 2:07 PM in response to swf58

Greetings swf58,

If you are unable to adjust your Settings, you may be using parental controls or your device could have a mobile device management profile.

Is your phone provided to you through an employer or school? If so, check out:

"iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS have a built-in framework that supports mobile device management (MDM). MDM lets you securely and wirelessly configure devices by sending profiles and commands to the device, whether they’re owned by the user or your organization. MDM capabilities include updating software and device settings, monitoring compliance with organizational policies, and remotely wiping or locking devices. Users can enroll their own devices in MDM, and organization-owned devices can be enrolled in MDM automatically using Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager. If you’re using Apple Business Essentials, you can also use the device management that’s built right in." Intro to mobile device management profiles

The profile manager would need to allow you to make changes.

If using parental controls, check out:

1. "Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
  2. Tap Turn on Screen Time, then tap it again. Choose "This is My [Device]" or "This is My Child's [Device]."
  3. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode, then turn on Content & Privacy Restrictions." Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We hope this helps to resolve the issue.

Best wishes.

iPhone 13 Pro App Permissions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.