Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calculator

How do I get the calculator on my iMac to appear on the sidebar simultaneously with my stockbrokers account?

iMac 24″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 1:36 AM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2023 5:37 PM in response to DonCarloslll

Greetings DonCarloslll,

To customize your sidebar, do the following:

"Customize the sidebar

1. On your Mac, click the Finder icon  in the Dock to open a Finder window.
  2. Do any of the following:
    • Hide or show the sidebar: Choose View > Hide Sidebar, or View > Show Sidebar, in the menu bar. (If Show Sidebar is dimmed, choose View > Show Toolbar.)
    • Resize the sidebar: Drag the right side of the divider bar to the right or left.
    • Change what’s in the sidebar: Choose Finder > Settings, click Sidebar, then select or deselect items.
    • Rearrange items in the sidebar: Drag an item to a new location.
    • Show or hide all the items in a section of the sidebar: Position the pointer over the section heading until the Hide button  or the Show button  appears, then click the button. For example, to temporarily hide your Favorites, position the pointer over the Favorites heading in the sidebar, then click the Hide button .
  • Add a folder or disk to the sidebar: Drag the item to the Favorites section. If you don’t see the Favorites section, choose Finder > Settings, click Sidebar, then select at least one item in the Favorites section.
    • Adding an item to the Finder sidebar only creates a shortcut to the item; the item isn’t moved from its original location.
  • Add a file to the sidebar: Press and hold the Command key, then drag the file to the Favorites section. If you don’t see the Favorites section, choose Finder > Settings > Sidebar, then select at least one item in the Favorites section.
    • Adding a file to the Finder sidebar only creates a shortcut to the file; the file isn’t moved from its original location.
    • Add an app to the sidebar: Press and hold the Command key, then drag the app icon to the Favorites section.
  • Remove an item: Drag the item’s icon out of the sidebar until you see the remove sign .

We hope this helps!

Best wishes.

Apr 6, 2023 1:09 AM in response to DonCarloslll

Hi DonCarlosIII, I'm very pleased to answer you because I also face to my calculator weeks from today

To get the calculator on your iMac to appear on the sidebar simultaneously with your stockbroker's account, you can follow these steps:

Click on the Launchpad icon (the rocket ship) in the Dock.

Search for "Calculator" and click on it to open the app.

Right-click on the Calculator icon in the Dock and select "Options" -> "Keep in Dock" to make sure the Calculator app stays in the Dock.

Open your stockbroker's account in your web browser.

Click and hold on the Calculator icon in the Dock, then drag it to the right-hand side of the Dock.

With the Calculator icon still held down, drag it upwards towards the top of the screen.

When you reach the top of the screen, the Dock will become a Sidebar. Release the Calculator icon and it will stay in the Sidebar.

You can now resize the Sidebar by clicking and dragging the vertical line on its right-hand side.

You can now use both the Calculator app and your stockbroker's account side-by-side by clicking on their respective icons in the Sidebar.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

calculator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.