Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does using the 5w charger on the iphone 14 pro damage my phone battery for the long term

i currently have 3 different charger outputs in my home but im afraid to use any currently i use the 20w charger but im not sure if using the 5w or 12w will damage my battery for the long run can i still use the 5w or 12w charger without damaging my battery for the long run

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 6:15 AM

Nothing happens by using a 5 or 12W charger for your iPhone. The only thing you will experience is that your iPhone will charge incredibly slowly, compared to your 20W charger. Even if you use an iPhone of more than 20W, nothing will happen either - your iPhone does not accept more power than it can handle.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 6:15 AM in response to baheej123

Nothing happens by using a 5 or 12W charger for your iPhone. The only thing you will experience is that your iPhone will charge incredibly slowly, compared to your 20W charger. Even if you use an iPhone of more than 20W, nothing will happen either - your iPhone does not accept more power than it can handle.

Does using the 5w charger on the iphone 14 pro damage my phone battery for the long term

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.