Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Force closing app/closing app for battery life

So when you on a app and youve finished with it do i leave it running on the background or do i close it after im done with it does it damage your battery when closing the app or not what is the best way to effeciently save your battery life aswell as extend your battery health

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 7:04 AM

The best way to save battery is to not close apps. Every time you forcibly close an app by swiping it up, the phone has to use power and battery to start it up again and load content again.

Closing apps by swiping up should only be used if an app is frozen or otherwise causing problems. iOS also handles background apps in such a way that they use almost no resources when they are not in use. For the same reason, there has never been a "Clear All" button in the App Switcher, as you see it on Android. Simply because it is not necessary.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 7:04 AM in response to baheej123

The best way to save battery is to not close apps. Every time you forcibly close an app by swiping it up, the phone has to use power and battery to start it up again and load content again.

Closing apps by swiping up should only be used if an app is frozen or otherwise causing problems. iOS also handles background apps in such a way that they use almost no resources when they are not in use. For the same reason, there has never been a "Clear All" button in the App Switcher, as you see it on Android. Simply because it is not necessary.

Feb 27, 2023 8:15 AM in response to baheej123

JS-fromDK is absolutely, 100% correct.

I would add that you can significantly cut down on background processing and save energy by going to Settings>General>Background App Refresh and either turning it off for everything or at least turning it off for things that don't really need it.

You may also want to investigate using Low Power Mode:

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Force closing app/closing app for battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.