Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My card keeps declining when trying to add payment method and download apps I’m not sure what needs to be purchased that is keeps declining

Why does Apple keep declining my payment method when the funds are there. And I’m not even sure what I need to be paying for

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 8:18 PM

Hi kanisha163,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: I’m not even sure what I need to be paying for

How to see what you were charged for:

If you see "apple.com/bill" on your billing statement – Apple Support

Re: My card keeps declining when trying to add payment method and download apps

You might need to check that your payment method is one that Apple can accept in your country or region:

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support

Why does Apple keep declining my payment method when the funds are there:

What to do: If your payment method has been declined in the App Store or iTunes Store – Apple Support

Eg: says:

"You may need to ask your financial institution to allow international purchases on your debit or credit card". (Seems it is not Apple that declines ...)

“If you've disputed a charge from the App Store or iTunes Store, you might need to contact your financial institution again to authorise that charge and future purchases from the App Store or iTunes Store”.

Re: "the funds are there".

Eg: if the funds are from adding gift cards

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support

Eg says:

"Some purchases might require that you have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase."

and

"Some stores and apps might not be available in your country or region.

Find out what's available in your country or region."

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 8:18 PM in response to kanisha163

Hi kanisha163,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: I’m not even sure what I need to be paying for

How to see what you were charged for:

If you see "apple.com/bill" on your billing statement – Apple Support

Re: My card keeps declining when trying to add payment method and download apps

You might need to check that your payment method is one that Apple can accept in your country or region:

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support

Why does Apple keep declining my payment method when the funds are there:

What to do: If your payment method has been declined in the App Store or iTunes Store – Apple Support

Eg: says:

"You may need to ask your financial institution to allow international purchases on your debit or credit card". (Seems it is not Apple that declines ...)

“If you've disputed a charge from the App Store or iTunes Store, you might need to contact your financial institution again to authorise that charge and future purchases from the App Store or iTunes Store”.

Re: "the funds are there".

Eg: if the funds are from adding gift cards

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support

Eg says:

"Some purchases might require that you have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase."

and

"Some stores and apps might not be available in your country or region.

Find out what's available in your country or region."

All the best :-)

My card keeps declining when trying to add payment method and download apps I’m not sure what needs to be purchased that is keeps declining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.