Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I buy a new Apple computer in an Apple Shop, can I get help to migrate information from the old computer to the new?

When I buy a new Mac in an Apple Shop, could I get help to migrate information from the old Mac to the New?

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 5:24 PM

Hi wentworth10,

Welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Thank you for posting your question to the community.

Re: When I buy a new Mac in an Apple Shop, could I get help to migrate information from the old Mac to the New?

As we are all Apple users, like yourself, we can not make promises for Apple.

Seems all the Apple shops in all the different countries and regions may have their own answers, so it may be best to check with your local Apple shop:

Eg: Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple

Here's Apple's Shopping Help webpage: Help - Apple

In general: It is possible to get help (or learn skills) with an Apple product or procedure if you can book a free session with Today at Apple - Apple at a location near you.

(The Genius Bar makes appointments too, yet mostly for hardware support only.)

Apple support often has step-by-step guidance via online articles:

Eg:

"Migration Assistant" can copy all of your files from your old Mac to your new Mac so that you don't have to copy them manually.

How to: Move your content to a new Mac

Although we've not given you a "Yes" or "No" here ...

Hope this helps :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 5:24 PM in response to wentworth10

Hi wentworth10,

Welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Thank you for posting your question to the community.

Re: When I buy a new Mac in an Apple Shop, could I get help to migrate information from the old Mac to the New?

As we are all Apple users, like yourself, we can not make promises for Apple.

Seems all the Apple shops in all the different countries and regions may have their own answers, so it may be best to check with your local Apple shop:

Eg: Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple

Here's Apple's Shopping Help webpage: Help - Apple

In general: It is possible to get help (or learn skills) with an Apple product or procedure if you can book a free session with Today at Apple - Apple at a location near you.

(The Genius Bar makes appointments too, yet mostly for hardware support only.)

Apple support often has step-by-step guidance via online articles:

Eg:

"Migration Assistant" can copy all of your files from your old Mac to your new Mac so that you don't have to copy them manually.

How to: Move your content to a new Mac

Although we've not given you a "Yes" or "No" here ...

Hope this helps :-)

When I buy a new Apple computer in an Apple Shop, can I get help to migrate information from the old computer to the new?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.